Dedicated to Geography Aspirants Class 11th

What is the cost to study geography in the 11th class in West Bengal?



Class 11th - many students think it is a phase for enjoyment. They took admission in nearby High Schools or many go to towns of famous schools and even universities (in case of me, I went to Patha-Bhavana, Visva Bharati, in 2014).

I was in the same category, I didn't take my class 11th that much seriously. I went to a new school, new place, new environment, first hostel - so it was adventurous. 

Here, to note, before taking admission there, (due to delay in the admission process) I get admitted to my local school (Mathrun High School). I also took Geography as a subject, both in my local school as well as in Patha Bhavana. 

Let's come to the point you are concerned about right now!

cost to study geography in the 11th class in West Bengal



When it comes to Geography you may be concerned about: 1) Tution Fees (outside school): I don't think it as crucial. In class 11th I did go to tuition classes, as up to class 10 I was under Tution culture.

But then I realized, Tution usually limits my own creativity, it's binding me within a notebook, and I am becoming uninterested in School (in the classes). 

So I left the tuition. Although, I took again at class 12th, for the backup and fear (maybe). But if you are studious and have a budget constraint, you can focus on self-study. Keep faith in yourself and build good relations with your school teachers, and take suggestions from them, how to write answers if you need them. Also do check your answers by the teachers. 

It will increase your knowledge base as well as you will be able to maintain a good relationship with your teachers, plus reduce the burden of tuition fees. 


2) the second point, in Geography Practicals, you need to buy some equipment, but I don't think that will cost you huge. I used to perform my practical homework by using my 1oth standard Geometry Box and took help from my friends. But this can be problematic if you don't have all the necessary equipment with you in exam time. So, try to save some pocket money, and after a few months the amount will be sufficient to purchase all the necessary (mainly, a big scale, protractor, and a compass and rubber, sharper, etc you already have).


3) Third concern can be the Practical Notebook and others like maps, graphs, etc. This will cost an extra bit as compared to students who don't take geography. But I don't think, if you have an interest in geography you never reject geography solely due to this minimum extra cost. Plus, the cost notebook varies from school to school and the teacher. I used to write on the practical pages and a practical board is used to keep the pages bound. 

Overall, I managed all the costs from my scholarship, and I think the amount you will get from the West Bengal state scholarship is even more than sufficient. However, the Merit Cum Means scholarship gives a higher amount. 

Finally, for every subject, you need to purchase books, you need to do projects, and students also take tuition as well. So in comparison, the extra cost will be only for practical equipment and accessories. That is easily manageable from your scholarship. Go ahead. 

Still, if you need some extra money to continue your study, I would say, be familiar with freelancing (online).

For this, you can check my other posts on this site. For example THIS.

Tags

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad